WebSked is a newsroom scheduling, budgeting, and planning tool that provides complete insight into all the content your newsroom produces. Create assignments, search for stories by keyword, and follow stories through your publishing workflow (including Slack notifications).
Whether you're an editor looking for the best stories for your Facebook feed, a reporter pitching your day's work to the homepage team, or a copy editor grabbing a story for a read, WebSked has you covered.
Our video CMS, Goldfish enables video version management, captioning, variant testing, and coordination of different video streams across different platforms.
• Maintain full control over the look and feel of your video content, without external dependencies
• Simplify workflow for publishing and distributing video with our intuitive, simple CMS built in partnership with the editorial staff
• Built-in variant testing for thumbnails and headlines.
• GIF creation from any uploaded video file.
• Support for large file and remote upload
• Video version management with detailed logs of when and which users update files
• Support for versioning of files by platform (YouTube, Set-top boxes, Facebook, etc)
Anglerfish is the photo management system for Arc. It offers complete control over an organization’s images, no matter what format, size, or origin.
• Highly scalable origin for photo requests
• Automatically extract metadata from popular file formats
• Manage roles and privileges
• Edit caption, location, photographer, and more
• Search by keyword, rating, date taken, and location
• Organize photos into galleries
• On-demand image resizing
• Unpublish an image and it is automatically removed from public access
• Editors and developers, working together
• Easy-to-use WYSIWYG page curation
• Incredible performance, built for mobile
• Perfect headlines
• Flexible development framework
• Metrics and testing
One of the most exasperating parts of publishing online today is all the data entry related to a story — adding non-writing elements within the text editor such as links to previous articles, tags, categories, videos and images, which can often take up more time than writing the story itself. Pagebuilder simplifies this process with complete flexibility for developers & designers, and a WYSIWYG editor for homepage producers, all in the same tool.
PageBuilder combines continuous deployment practices with a multi-user, easy-to-use page editor, so that you can change your site as quickly as big news breaks. Most of all, we were inspired to move faster. A faster reader experience, a simpler newsroom workflow, and flexible, lightweight tools for site developers.
What good are reports and analytics tools if nobody looks at them? Loxodo unifies the most important, actionable information from across your newsroom, and puts it front-and-center in a suite of easy-to-read dashes. Get your organization aligned around your KPIs with the right information for each user, from beat reporters up to senior editors.
• One-stop shop to all of your KPIs, regardless of the analytics tool where they originate — data unification.
• Drive visibility to your company’s KPIs throughout the organization
• Easy access on mobile, with KPIs at your fingertips
• Push your metrics into other tools in the suite
Ellipsis is a web-based digital storytelling tool built for teams who need to quickly create high-quality news and narrative content. The tool anticipates multiple authors and editors working side-by-side to create a variety of types of stories, although it can also be used by just a single author to quickly create a simple news article.
After publishing, the user interface can adapt to help you improve the story and understand how well it is performing.
• Write & publish stories faster than ever
• Publish on all platforms (Facebook Instant, Google AMP, Apple News, etc)
• Promote newsroom collaboration without worry of blocking or overwriting colleagues’ work.
Improve your site’s UX by managing and running parallel A/B tests (or A/B/C/D tests) for your whole site.
• Easy setup and management of tests
• Learn what works and what doesn't by delivering targeted experiences to specific user segments and monitoring reader behavior
• Rapidly prototype experiences to maximize engagement for monetization features like acquisition flow
Clavis is a personalization engine powered by natural language processing.
• Use first-party clickstream data to personalize article recommendations and improve clickthrough rates
• Improve ad targeting and increase advertising rates
Bandito is a variant testing engine that allows you to run multiple variants of your headlines, blurbs, and photos to improve clickthrough rates.
Unlike Darwin, which manages A/B tests for site features, Bandito allows you to add new variants in the middle of a test, and to begin to allocate traffic to the winning variant before the test concludes. This means that on time-sensitive content, you can immediately benefit from the headline that drives the most clicks.
Make your stories more engaging by adding interactive elements that readers can click on.
• Build clickable quizzes, polls, and more, and easily embed them into your stories
• Ask for reader input and user-generated content using customizable forms, then curate and manage that content as needed
• Reach your readers with the news they need with total control over the presentation.
• No need to manually put together the email every week, or to use an outside email marketing vendor.
• Paloma automatically pulls email content from the correct feed, generates the email, and then sends out emails at the proper time.
Coral is a revolutionary new open-source commenting system, developed by a team of people from The Washington Post, The New York Times, and Mozilla.
• Coral aims to provide news organizations with the tools to find and promote the the highest-quality contributors in a community, and to empower those commenters to engage with each other meaningfully, without fear that harassers will be able to shut down discussion.
• Coral is currently in development, but Arc Publishing will fully support Coral at launch.
Give users a certain number of free articles every month, and then bring them into your payment flow to convert them to paying subscribers.
• With a metered paywall, you can choose how many free articles a reader may read every month before being forced to pay.
• You can also choose how porous to make your paywall, by making certain traffic unmetered — like articles referred from Google and Facebook.
Fuse is an immersive cross-platform experience that’s built for the consumer. This advertising technology allows a marketer to deliver their brand story with the same speed and execution as Facebook Instant and Google AMP.
Fuse is a fully hosted, click/swipe to open creative that stays within the current application to remove any latency or load time. Once the user swipes or clicks the promotion module (applicable on mWeb, app and desktop) the creative loads immediately and reveals a full screen, dynamic experience.
FlexPlay is a technology solution that delivers fast, effective video experiences for devices and platforms across mobile and web.
Through the FlexPlay dashboard, existing video assets (mov., mp4, YouTube and more) can be converted for use across different platforms: .gif, mp4, text layers, social icons and size manipulation (ex. vertical video). The tool then outputs a .gif or mp4 and delivers the file directly to DoubleClick for ad serving.
PostPulse is a mobile first, data-driven ad product that combines a client’s assets, branded content and Washington Post editorial content. It is served in a rich-media unit that’s personalized based on reader’s interests in real-time on and off the Washington Post platform.
PostPulse click-through-rates are twice as high as Washington Post standard ad size placements (like-sizes and like-browser analysis).
Re-Engage helps to recapture users’ attention based off their behaviors with our content on mobile devices. We built this technology to engage users at that given moment when they’re most likely to look elsewhere.
The module on mobile monitors a user's scroll frequency and inactive interface action. If the user is not engaged, we deliver the user a "Re-Engage” unit that recommends related content based on their interests through Clavis data systems. The algorithm pulls the most related content within that particular section.
In Context, an original ad product created by The Post, places branded content within relevant news content as a pull-quote. It places informative and interesting quotes, facts or excerpts provided by the advertiser from an original branded content piece within the body of related Washington Post articles.
This branded content supplements and helps tell the article’s story to make advertising a more relevant service to our readers. If they want, readers can then click to read more, and they will go directly to the article source.